CLOSED for 2013- OPEN
2014 (25th year selling cherries)
- We are so sorry, sorry, sorry we will not be opening this year for picking
and for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
- I know many of you make plans every year to pick cherries.
- We will be missing seeing all of you, this was a touch decision for us,
both emotionally and financially but it had to be done.
- We needed to get the orchard in shape so it can continue producing
cherries for another 25.
My mother always said "Life is just a bowl of cherries" and she was right.
Our current weather:
If you have never been cherry picking, here are some tips:
- It's a good idea to wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Cherries do stain so don't wear your Sunday church clothes to pick cherries.
- We provide buckets and ladders for picking.
- Coolers are a good idea to keep the cherries fresh during the trip home.
- Bring scissors for cutting the stem or just pull off the cherry leave stem
- We provide shaded parking and we do not charge any parking/entrance fees.
- You pay in cash for the cherries you pick, please pay before you eat.
- Come by our cherry stand for honey, pitters, recipes, soda and water.
Our trees are grown from commercial grown full size
root stock that is very suitable to where we live. It takes 5 years to get
fruit from the time you plant,
Are almost black when fully ripe, very large, excellent quality, firm, juicy and sweet.
One of the best shipping and fresh market varieties in the U.S.
TARTARIANS Are medium in size, purplish black and extremely juicy.
Excellent for pies, jams, jellies and brandy.
If you can get them before the birds.
Very attractive yellow cherry with a red blush, very large and very sweet
These do not have the shelf life of a Bing and tend to bruise easily.
Join our mailing list to be notified when the orchard is open along with other information.
To join CLICK HERE and send us your name, and email.
Most of the time we are open to our mailing list, loyal customers only,
Northside Cherries, a U-Pic Sweet Cherry Ranch, family owned and operated since 1986, is located in Leona Valley, California, in the mountains approximately 10 miles west of Palmdale. Every year thousands of urban dwellers load up their minivans with family, friends, cousins, neighbors, for their trek up to Leona Valley.You can wander among the trees,
pick your own cherry and see food at its source. Our altitude is 3,500 feet so the weather is usually mild and cooler than the high desert.
^ Top Of Page ^
We are members of the Cherry Growers Association.
Members do not use insecticides or pesticides
on their fruit.